A mere 4 days left until we leave for Asia! This is going to be a crazily exciting tour – our first time to China (one week packed with 4 shows and 5 master classes), and 2 weeks in Japan, where we’ll release the ‘Same Girl EP’, exclusive to Japan amidst shows in Kyoto, Tokyo and Yokohama. At long last, here are our Asian tour dates:
- 11/5/2015 – Taiyuan 太原, China @ Music House 音乐房子, 8-10pm
- 11/6/2015 – Shijiazhuang 石家庄, China @ TVU 地下丝绒, 8-10pm
- 11/7/2015 – Tianjin 天津, China @ Vision Hill 智慧山文化产业园 – Master Classes @ 3-3:45 (Koto), 4-4:45 (Harmony & Melody) & Concert @ 7:30-9:30pm
- 11/8/2015 – Beijing 北京, China @ DDC 黄昏黎明 – Master Classes @ 3-3:50 (Koto), 4-4:50 (Rhythm & Groove), 5-5:50 (Harmony & Melody) & Concert @ 9-11:30pm
- 11/14/15 – Kyoto, Japan w/山本啓 from Nabowa @ Len Hostel, 7pm
- 11/15/15 – Kyoto, Japan @ 石井もやし, time TBA
- 11/17/15 – Tokyo, Japan @ Oscar Peterson Theatre, Canadian Embassy – private showcase 6:30-9:30pm
- 11/20/15 – Tokyo, Japan @ Ark Hills Cafe, 6:30pm
- 11/21/15 – Yokohama, Japan w/田薫水 @ Yoshidamachi Lily, 6:30pm
Other fun plans – take some koto lessons with my awesome friend/sensei Kiyoshi in Tokyo, visit the Great Wall of China outside of Beijing, and maybe to workshop at a high school in the prefecture I grew up in as a child, Nagano! We’ll also have a radio interview in Shijizhuang, and have had a bunch of other press, that folks who read Chinese can appreciate.
And here’s a little something silly for our Japanese speaking fans:
SO, the other week, we had a beautiful weekend playing loads of acoustic music at Folk Music Ontario. We got to jam with tons of killer folks, and meet lovely people from all over. Here’s a pic of one of our showcases courtesy of Michael Kornfeld:
Last, but not least, let’s reminisce about Halloween 2014. These costumes were entirely last minute (always a last-minute costumer), so were made entirely from things existing in my house already! I always seem to feel like cleaning when I’m wearing 1950’s dresses.. Are you dressing up this year? Share your costume plans with us!